Thursday, April 30, 2009

Armageddon Drivers.

Livin and drivin in NYC, you encounter a lot of types of drivers. The rare type is the one that knows their role. In other words, if they know they're slow, they keep their asses in the right lane on the highway; or if they're slowin down the left lane, they move over accordingly. I'll give credit where it's due and say that most people have their signals on when they're about to turn and shit. In my trials and tribulations I have heard people bitch about Jew drivers, Asian drivers and women drivers as the three worst...with taxis and trucks following close behind them. However, I have come to the realization that this group of people grind my gears the most. The JESUS BUMPER STICKER DRIVER.

What's that you may ask? They tend to be the Sunday driver (in other words, people who act as if they're the only people on the road doing 20 in a 35 and in no particular rush to get anywhere unless it's to church). However they drive like this every day of the week and that's not even the most annoying. They have messages strewn all over their car "JESUS IS COMING REPENT OR PERISH", "IT'S ALL GOOD, I GOT GOD IN CONTROL", "MAKE JESUS ONE WITH YOU", "BE READY FOR THE 2ND COMING OF CHRIST". Hey, I don't have an issue with one being proud of their faith, however...
1) Speed the fuck up or at least to the point where I can get to the next lane.
2) While I believe in God myself, people that don't and have to drive behind these people may go into a Satanic fit of rage...which isn't good for the rest of us.
3) Stop tryin to scare people with these messages.

I always wondered if I ever got into an accident with one of these people, they would hop out the car, sit down with me and then give me a 45 minute sermon about how everything happens for a reason and if I had let God in control of my car this accident would not have happened and it's my punishment. I'd give it 2-1 odds.

While I can't go around calling these people disgraceful because they are probably decent people...the way that they drive on these roads certainly are.

And so on

4 comments:

  1. i'd be more willing to bet that if you hit a Jesus sticker driver they'd have a 15 minute profanity-laced ragefest because you made them late for church

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably. But if they were coming back from church then my theory would most likely occur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haaaaaaaaaa.. I wonder how many people would use signals if it wasn't still state law to do so on NYS's roads?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should definitely never ever drive in colorado. more bumper stickers = worse driver for SURE and people with 'peace' and 'coexist' stickers hang out in the left lane to try to prove a point. the worst.

    ReplyDelete