Monday, April 20, 2009

The Politically Correct/Incorrect Parent.

Yes, I have decided to make a guest appearance on this bitch. You can check me out also on the R-Block Blotter.

Livin in NYC you run into many a mom who is either young as hell (yes, under 21) or they're straight outta the Caribbean school of thought (like mine was). Either way, the way they act towards their kids sometimes is straight wild. The thing is though, personally I ain't got a problem with it half the time- sometimes that kid needs to get his ass whooped, even in public. Your little boy or girl gets outta line, he/she need to know their role and shut their mouth and learn some respect. These kids nowadays don't get whipped so that's why they act the way they do...and we're all goin to the shitter because of it. Wahhh, don't hit your kid that's abusive...SHUT UP! Unless you're gonna hit your son with the Stone Cold Stunner or punch him/her in the face, who said there was anything wrong with the belt? Shit, I turned out just fine. I'm an advocate for whippin my child's ass at home but I'm sure my future wife (gotta be optimistic here) will say "No you can't do that you don't want to hurt him." Go call SuperNanny.

But then there are those times in which you're just makin a complete ass of yourself...or the kid makes an ass out of you and you just take it like you did (and that's why he/she's on this Earth). Kids are gonna whine and complain and don't know when to shut up (which is expected) but you got the firecrotch, sorry, hot-headed ones who let it get to them real quick and begin a humiliating (try this at home instead of on Jamaica Ave.) smackdown of this kid's rear end or arms, all in all yelling shit which they can't hear anyway because they're too busy crying. Back then it would probably be looked at and people just go "Yep, as you should" but now with the pussification of America they'll probably just shake their head or try to say something to the mother. As I said before I'm in the middle with this. You gotta be stern for sure but unless you need some self-respect also.

Then you got the kid who takes an inch and takes it all the way to the bank. He/She'll have fits for the ages but you do nothin about it because you don't wanna be perceived as this malicious, bad parent (this is true especially in areas where there are less minorities, since everyone wants to be viewed as a Great American Family where nothing goes wrong). You let him say shit such as "I'ma doo-doo on you" or "You freaking suck mommy, to hell with you" and all they do is do some gasp and say "How could you Timmy??" That shit don't fly in the hood. Or maybe it does, because the mothers cuss at the kids too- I mean what else are u gonna expect? Of course they're gonna do it back.

Depending on your school of thought this is DISGRACEFUL...or it may be tasteful.

And so on.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...working with kids for the last nine-ish years I get where some kids need to be handled...but I've also seen the crazy parents who take it WAY too far! There are some things that should be saved for home.
    I'm the product of Bible-thumping minority parents...but with the exception of one time my parents made me wait until I got home and you bet your ass I was an angel in public.

    ReplyDelete