Tuesday, April 28, 2009

BBW is Usually a Lie.

Disclaimer- this is an emailed entry sent to us by Marissa from Ohio.

I...hate..."BBWs". Hate them with every fiber of my being.

My issue isn't the size...or the fact that they're confident (because in a world where everyone is trying desperately to change themselves someone with confidence is refreshing)...it's the tacky ones who post the worst pictures anyone will ever see that make me want to go get my concealed carry license.
In no way am I implying that you have to be thin to be beautiful. That is a crock of shit and is easily dis-proven.
But here's my question: What makes someone think that this is even remotely attractive? No really I'll wait for an answer.

Perhaps these women are confused...because often they describe themselves as "curvy". Curvy implies that you have a decent sized chest, small-ish waist, and noticeable hips. Like an hourglass or a guitar. Curvy should not be confused for fat (which needs no definition). And I know that there are men out there who are chubby chasers and that's great because I do believe that there is someone for everyone. But telling these women that they're the finest thing on Earth and convincing them to pose half naked and look back at you so you can post it to the internet is just wrong.

I have the fear that all this "BBW" bullshit is going to lead to a REALLY unhealthy and fat generation sometime here soon. Acceptance and tolerance are great...but sugar-coating isn't. It's okay to be whoever you are but some women are taking this too far. They're letting this go from healthy self-love to an excuse to eat what they want and not do a single exercise a full calender year. They may start gaining a little and just call it "extra meat". Then they keep going and talk about how it's not a big deal. Then before you know it a chick who is 5'3" is pushing the two and a quarter mark and then decides that she's a "BBW" who looks like Janet Jackson. Not only is it degrading to you to have to lie about your appearance...but it's degrading to the person you lied to and tricked into taking you for coffee. Stop it. Please.

There is a such thing as big and beautiful. Especially when you keep your gahdamn clothes on. So here's my advice to my fellow girls who like cake and hate exercise: stop the damn posing half naked! And stop putting the shit on the internet for people to find and make fun of. You CAN be big and beautiful. Seriously. But be a classy lady like me.

...I am not a blogger...

Download of the day: "Break You Off" by The Roots. Old song...but for unknown reasons- especially unknown since no one is breaking this off...but I digress- I've been stuck on it for the last two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment