Friday, May 22, 2009

Vultures, Fleet Week & Attention Whores. Oh My.

In my R-Block Blotter I will prob write about this again; albeit in more of a recap form. Nevertheless- this is an overall perspective and I get to see this all in one night so here goes:

Most places you go in the city, single dudes have the tendency to outnumber single girls. As I have learned, the phrase "Single and ready to mingle" is a 95% lie. They are only mingle with those fellas who will buy them drinks as stated in the previous blog, or those who fit their 394,945 things they look for in a dude. And you know this at a bar/club how? Anyway, it has always baffled me when you see a group of dudes goin after ONE particular girl in the bar. For example, I happened to go talk to this girl for the fuck of it since she kinda eyed me. After talkin for a few minutes or whatever, I had died laughin because she was textin someone on her phone named "Da Ghetto Boi" and tho I really wasn't tryin to read what she wrote...the dude's text was so obvious "Why can't we fuckkkkkkkk". DEAR GOD ha. The whole time tho these 3 spanish dudes that were behind her were plottin in case I decided to even step aside for 2 seconds. I wasn't goin hard, and the second I stepped aside, these dudes harp on her and begin conversin. When I left 20 or so min later, they were all buyin a round of shots and she wanted to pay for hers, but the dude was insisting that she doesn't. Um, and why?? It's NOT chivalrous of you to do that, if anything you're lettin her have the power by doing this. All in the meantime, if I REALLY wanted to; I woulda got her digits and/or Facebook but I wasn't in the zone.

Fleet Week brings out the Navy men and Marines usually. God bless them for what they do for this country and I know a few people who are in them. Girls however for some inexplicable reason fawn ALL over them. Is it the uniform? Most likely it is. You'll see the flyest chicks walkin around giggly with one of the Fleet Week men and it used to frustrate me knowin that for this weekend I don't have much of a chance with the ladies. But the past couple of years I have had a revelation and some female colleagues have shown me otherwise. First off, apparently they're not as appealing to them when they're by themselves vs. if they're all in a group. Secondly, it TRULY separates those who have common sense to those who don't. It's kinda like goin after the girl who wears the highest skirt, if you will. A girl on the train who began a convo with me (and for once on the LIRR it was a good one) even told me her "gay-dar" senses tell her that most of them are gay. Well I don't have a personal opinion on this but now Fleet Week to me isn't the NIGHTMARE I used to think it was.

Now with the attention whores- at Karaoke some people have the tendency to not listen. My boy's doin a song and these 2 retarded dudes are on stage and want to sing with him. Don't nobody want your Clay Aiken/Kris Allen (yeah I said it) duet punkasses up here dancin on the stage with your 2 girl friends. Well the girl friends could dance but that's a whole other story. Tryin to steal someone else's shine is somethin you just do not do. And yes Karaoke is fun, but it's NOT a concert ha.

And so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment